Air Conditioning Electrical Installer Course
Air conditioning electrical courses – Course Description:
For candidates looking mainly toward the installation of air conditioning systems in domestic/commercial properties, we offer an air conditioning electrical courses which upon successful completion provides you with the relevant qualifications to register with a Part P competent persons scheme allowing you to work legally within a domestic property installing electrical circuits.
There is no requirement to be Part P registered to work in a commercial premise, however the qualifications achieved by going on our air conditioning electrical courses are industry recognised and meet the technical knowledge required to carry out such work.
Please also note the qualifications obtained on completion of our air conditioning electrical courses would allow other electrical works to be carried out, so whilst installing an air conditioning system in a conservatory, you could also install the socket and the lighting circuits. Obviously this broadens the scope of work which you can offer.
Prior to course commencement you will be provided with the necessary pre-course reading material which includes section reviews to check your understanding. We do this towards the end of your Total Air Con & Refrigeration course.
The first week will work through electrical principles, the applicable wiring regulations and circuit constructional techniques
The second week will cover the inspection and testing procedures and applicable building regulations.
What will be gained
- Essential Electrics Module
- City and Guilds 2382-18 Level 3 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- City and Guilds 2393-10 Level 3 Applicable Building Regulations
- City and Guilds 2392-10 – Level 2 Certificate in Fundamental Inspection, Testing & Initial Verification
- City and Guilds 2391-50 Level 3 Fundamentals of Inspection and Testing (This element is optional and is available at the additional cost of £150+VAT)
In order to claim the full City and Guilds 2391-50 qualification, students must successfully complete:
- One 1 hour 30 minute online multiple choice test to be completed during the course
- One 3 hour 30 minute practical test to be completed after the course, broken into two sections as follows:
- Task A – Initial Verification and Certification of the Complete Installation – 2hrs and 30mins
- Task B – Short Answer Questions – 1hr
Our Tutors are qualified, highly experienced, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and extremely friendly, you can take full advantage of all the tips of the trade, personal experiences and practical advice they offer. This short theory course is intensive, but no compromise is made on the course content. The atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable which creates a good learning environment.
Essential Book supplied *throughout* course!
First exam fee included!
Refreshments supplied throughout the day!
BOOK YOUR COURSE BELOW
£1,450.00 – £1,600.00
It is essential you have a good understanding of BS7671 IET Building Regulations. The course is intended for installers who have a clear understanding of electrical principles and practices of electrical installations. Essentially you will have worked in the electrical industry with an understanding of 3 phase systems.
- On Ste Guide ISBN 978-1-84919-287-3
- Electricians Guide to the Building Regs ISBN 978-1-84919-556-0
- Guidance Note 3 ISBN 978-0-86341-857-0
- BS7671:2018 ISBN 978-1-78561-170-4