F-Gas Regulations 5 Day
F Gas Regulations: Course Description
The F Gas Regulations course will suit any person who requires the minimum legal requirement to work on air conditioning and refrigeration equipment including air conditioning and refrigeration engineers and technicians, all plant engineers, apprentices, personnel concerned with the recovery, charging or disposal of refrigerants and new comers into the industry.
F Gas Regulations training courses are designed for both experienced air-conditioning and refrigeration engineers and also candidates who are looking to cross train and gain qualifications in the air conditioning / refrigeration sector.
This F Gas Regulations qualification is to meet the legal requirements of EC Regulation 842/2006 (commonly known as the F Gas Regulation). The Certification Schemes are designed for operatives who install, service and repair refrigeration, air-conditioning and heat pump systems, and require the following skills:
- Safe handling of refrigerant techniques
- Pipework and Jointing skills
- Recovery of Refrigerants (restricted to small systems only)
- Intrusive and non-intrusive leak and performance checking
Category 1 covers all aspects of installation, commissioning, servicing, maintenance, recovery and leak checking on all refrigeration, air-conditioning and heat pump systems in accordance with the F-Gas Regulation EC842/2006, regardless of the weight of refrigerant in the system.
Course subjects are:
- Pressure test and discharge to BSEN378
- Charge a blended refrigerant
- Evaluate system performance to ensure competence (using rule of thumb, temperature, refrigerant state and pressure)
- Leak test to EC1516/2007
- Fabricate and fit brazed and mechanical joints
- Uphold F-Gas records and log books.
- Handle refrigerant safely and dispose of rightfully
- Pressure Regulation compliance
All candidates will be able to ensure systems are tight, efficient in their use of energy and meet the F-Gas legal requirement.
Our Tutors are qualified, highly experienced, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and extremely friendly, you can take full advantage of all the tips of the trade, personal experiences and practical advice they offer. This short theory course is intensive, but no compromise is made on the course content. The atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable which creates a good learning environment.
Receive the full course overview by submitting your details below
Essential Book supplied *throughout* course!
First exam fee included!
BOOK YOUR COURSE BELOW
£675.00 + VAT (£810.00 inc VAT & all fees)
- Working within, or have knowledge in Air Con & Refrigeration
On site Available
Group Rate: (up to 8 people): £895.00 + VAT Per Day* plus £50.00 + VAT Exam Entry Fee per Student
*(over 8 people, please call on 0800 112 3310 to discuss Group Rate)