Central Heating Controls Wiring and Fault Finding: Course Description
The City & Guilds Accreditted Central Heating Controls Wiring and Fault Finding course is a three day-day short course aimed at anyone involved in the construction, commissioning, inspection & testing or maintenance of central heating electrical control systems.
The Central Heating Controls Wiring and Fault Finding course covers all the commonly used control systems in use today and is focused on the ‘practical’ construction and commissioning along with the relevant fault finding techniques.
The Central Heating Controls Wiring and Fault Finding course requires an understanding of electrical principles and cable termination skills. A requirement of Construction Skills is the successful completion of their Essential Electrics examination prior to sitting the central heating controls wiring & fault finding examinations. Please ring if clarification is needed on this point.
There are two 20 minute Construction Skills open book examinations and the associated practical assessments. A third examination and associated assessment will be required for candidates not holding the Essential Electrics unit.
The Central Heating Controls Wiring and Fault Finding course comprises of:
- Short theory sessions introducing the conventional wiring systems, ‘Y’ Plan, ‘S’ Plan, ‘C’ Plan, Etc.
- Detailed practical workshop sessions, undertaking the construction, testing and commissioning of systems
- Fault finding and maintenance tasks performed on working systems
- Examination and practical assessment preparation ready for the ConstructionSkills assessments
- Evaluation of the system control function (why and how it works)
On successful completion the candidate will be awarded:
- ConstructionSkills – Central Heating Controls Wiring Certificate
- ConstructionSkills – Central Heating Controls Fault Finding Certificate
- Building Engineering Services Card with the additional categories CH Wiring and CH Controls Fault Finding
- ConstructionSkills – Certificate of Achievement – Essential Electrics (if not currently held)
- Building Engineering Services – Identification and Registration Card – Category Essential Electrics (if not currently held)
Each student will work on their own system, and will have plenty of time to absorb and understand how each system
Advise will be given on suitable ‘tooling’ and test equipment.
These are nationally recognizable qualifications which are fast becoming an essential requirement for this type of work.
The course costs include comprehensive course notes, examination entry fees, a buffet lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
Our Tutors are qualified, highly experienced, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and extremely friendly, you can take full advantage of all the tips of the trade, personal experiences and practical advice they offer. This short theory course is intensive, but no compromise is made on the course content. The atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable which creates a good learning environment.
Refreshments supplied throughout the day!
First exam fee included!
Essential Book supplied *throughout* course!