City and Guilds 2391-51: Course Description:
City and Guilds 2391-51, level 3, is ideal for people with limited experience of periodic inspection of electrical installations. If you are already working as an Electrician, but have not carried out inspection and testing since qualifying, or you require to update before moving onto other qualifications, then this 5 day City and Guilds 2391-51 course will be right for you.
City and Guilds 2391-51 Course Content:
Principles, practices and legislation for the periodic inspection, testing and condition reporting of electrical installations.
- Requirements for completing the safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Requirements for inspecting, testing and recording the condition of electrical installations
- Requirements for completing the periodic inspection of electrical installations
- Differences between periodic inspection and initial verification
- Requirements for safe testing of electrical installations which have been put in to service
- Requirements for testing before circuits are live.
- Requirements for testing live installations
- Understanding and interpreting test results
- Requirements for the completion of electrical installation condition reports and associated documentation
- Confirmation of safety of system and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- Carrying out inspection of electrical installations prior to them being put into service
- Ability to test electrical installations prior to them being put into service
- Produce a condition report with recording observations and classification
In order to claim the full City and Guilds 2391-51 qualification, students must successfully complete:
- One x1 hour 30 minute online multiple choice (Open Book) Exam to be completed during the course
- One x3 hours 30 minute practical test to be completed after the course, broken into sections as follows:
- Task A – Visual Inspection – 30mins
- Task B – Periodic Inspection and Test – 2hrs
- Task C – Short Answer Questions – 1hr
To further support this course, we offer a 1 day practical workshop (at the cost of £120.00 Net VAT) available to candidates who have completed the course and require further ‘hands on’ practical experience prior to their practical exam. Most students who take this option elect to complete this the day before their practical assessment.
The City and Guilds 2391-51 course costs include examination entry fees.
Our Tutors are qualified, highly experienced, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and extremely friendly, you can take full advantage of all the tips of the trade, personal experiences and practical advice they offer. This short theory course is intensive, but no compromise is made on the course content. The atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable which creates a good learning environment.