City & Guilds 2391-52 Combined Course: Course Description
These two new testing and inspection City & Guilds 2391-52 Combined Course qualifications replace and improve on the former 2394/2395 that was previously available to electricians but has since been withdrawn.
- 2391-50 – Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations. The syllabus covers inspection and testing of new work carried out in electrical installations.
- 2391-51 – Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations. The syllabus for this aims to cover period inspection and testing of existing installations to ensure they remain safe and efficient.
- The combined City & Guilds 2391-52 course runs over five consecutive days, the first three days covering fundamental theory.
- The fourth day covering Initial Verification practical and revision followed by an on-line exam sat in the afternoon / evening of the fourth day.
- The fifth day of the City & Guilds 2391-52 course covering Periodic Inspection practical and revision.
A 5 day City & Guilds 2391-52 course for a student possessing knowledge of the wiring regulations and with minimal knowledge of inspection and testing, We strongly recommend City and Guilds 2382 is achieved prior to sitting this course, though this is NOT an entry requirement.
In order to claim the full City & Guilds 2391-52 qualification, students must successfully complete the following:
- Completed during the course each student will sit a 1hr and 30mins online Multiple choice exam
- Then will have to reattend and complete the x2 Practical Assessment which are each 3hrs and 30mins. These are broken down in to the following assessments:
Assessment 1 – 2391–50
- Task A – Initial Verification and Certification of the Complete Installation – 2hrs and 30mins
- Task B – Short Answer Questions – 1hr
Assessment 2 – 2391-51
- Task A – Visual Inspection – 20mins
- Task B – Periodic Inspection and Test – 2hrs
- Task C – Short Answer Questions – 1hr
To further support this course, we offer a 1 day practical workshop (at the cost of £120.00 Net VAT) available to candidates who have completed the course and require further ‘hands on’ practical experience prior to their practical exam. Most students who take this option elect to complete this the day before their practical assessment.
The City & Guilds 2391-52 course costs include examination entry fees, a buffet lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
Our Tutors are qualified, highly experienced, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and extremely friendly, you can take full advantage of all the tips of the trade, personal experiences and practical advice they offer. This short theory course is intensive, but no compromise is made on the course content. The atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable which creates a good learning environment.
Refreshments supplied throughout the day!
First exam fee included!
Essential Book supplied *throughout* course!