City and Guilds 2394 and 2395 Combined Course: Course Description
These two new testing and inspection City and Guilds 2394 and 2395 Combined Course qualifications replace and improve on the former 2391 that was previously available to electricians but has since been withdrawn.
- 2394 – Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations. The syllabus covers inspection and testing of new work carried out in electrical installations, and will be examined by means of a written, online* and practical assessment.
- 2395 – Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations. The syllabus for this aims to cover period inspection and testing of existing installations to ensure they remain safe and efficient. This is examined by means of a written, online* and practical assessment.
*On-line multiple choice exam: 40 questions 1 hour 20 minutes This is the same exam for both City and Guilds 2394 and 2395 and only needs to be taken once if the candidate is doing the combined course.
- The combined City and Guilds 2394 and 2395 course runs over five consecutive days, the first three days covering fundamental theory.
- The fourth day covering Initial Verification practical and revision followed by an on-line exam sat in the afternoon / evening of the fourth day.
- The fifth day of the City and Guilds 2394 and 2395 course covering Periodic Inspection practical and revision.
A 5 day City and Guilds 2394 and 2395 course for a student possessing knowledge of the wiring regulations and with minimal knowledge of inspection and testing, We strongly recommend City and Guilds 2382 is achieved prior to sitting this course, though this is NOT an entry requirement.
In order to claim the full City and Guilds 2394 and 2395 qualification, students must successfully complete each of the following 3 units:
- Closed Book 80 minutes Online multiple choice exam with instant results is completed during the course.
- Closed book 2 hours Online Written exam with the date to be arranged after completion of the course.
- Practical Assessment with the date to be arranged after completion of the course.
To further support this course, we offer a 1 day practical workshop (at the cost of £120.00 Net VAT) available to candidates who have completed the course and require further ‘hands on’ practical experience prior to their practical exam. Most students who take this option elect to complete this the day before their practical assessment.
The City and Guilds 2394 and 2395 course costs include examination entry fees, a buffet lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
Our Tutors are qualified, highly experienced, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and extremely friendly, you can take full advantage of all the tips of the trade, personal experiences and practical advice they offer. This short theory course is intensive, but no compromise is made on the course content. The atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable which creates a good learning environment.
Refreshments supplied throughout the day!
First exam fee included!
Essential Book supplied *throughout* course!