SAFE ISOLATION, ELECTRICAL SAFETY & ELECTRICAL CONCEPTS
The C&G Essential Electrics course is for engineers who need to work on electrical systems, but may not have any formal qualifications to do so. C&G Essential Electrics is the perfect course for engineers who need to comply with the Electricity at Work Act of 1989.
The C&G Essential Electrics course covers the safe isolation of equipment, using test equipment and testing repairs prior to energising.
Candidates will need to demonstrate that they can undertake simple wiring tasks such as safe isolations, basic wiring
and testing repairs.
An overview and practical exercises are provided on the following subjects:-
– Electrical Terms
– Conductors and Insulators
– Relationships (Ohms Law)
– Series and Parallel Circuits
– Electrical Power
– Direct and Alternating Current
– Single Phase Motors/ Three Phase Motors
– Measurement of Voltage, Current and Resistance
– Analogue and Digital displays
– Meter Calibration
– Battery Condition and Continuity of Test Leads
– Earth Continuity Testing
– Insulation Resistance Testing
– Thermostats / Pressure Controls
– Relays and Contactors
– Electric Shock / Body Resistance
– Removing Persons from Live Conductors
– First Aid
– Electrical Isolation / Test Lamps and Proving Units
– Electricity at Work Regulations1989
– Electricity Supply Regulations 1988
– The Low Voltage Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1989
– Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
– The Distribution System
– AC Supply
– Electricity into the Building
– Control and Protection Equipment / Identification Notices
– BS 4343 Plugs and Sockets
– Stripping Insulated Cables
– Types of Terminals
– Identification of Conductors
– Termination Tooling
EARTHING & BONDING
– Earthed Equipotential Bonding
– Types of Circuit Protective Conductors
– Supplementary Bonding Conductors
– Temporary Continuity Bonding
– Electrical Safety Checks / PAT Testing
– RCD Protection
– CPC Continuity / Insulation Resistance
– Polarity (Dead Test) / Polarity (Live Test)
– Earth Loop Impedance Testing
Our Tutors are qualified, highly experienced, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and extremely friendly, you can take full advantage of all the tips of the trade, personal experiences and practical advice they offer. This short theory course is intensive, but no compromise is made on the course content. The atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable which creates a good learning environment.
Refreshments supplied throughout the day!
First exam fee included!
Essential Book supplied *throughout* CITB Essential Electrics course!