PAT Testing Business Startup Course
PAT Testing Business Startup Course includes BOTH City & Guilds 2377 Qualifications
Would you like to train to be a PAT Testing Technician and start your own successful PAT Testing business?
PAT Testing can be a very rewarding and lucrative career choice as well as being a first step into a career in electrical testing, our PAT testing business startup course will get you on track!
You can choose your own working hours and the amount you want to earn. You will be your own boss able to plan your own working day. Given that all electrical appliances are eligible for PAT testing, for on average a 12 month period, you can see that the potential for work is out there and that becoming a PAT Technician is an attractive and flexible career choice.
Why the PAT testing business startup course over other PAT courses?
The idea behind this PAT testing business startup course is to give you all the skills and knowledge needed, for you to start your own business in the PAT Testing industry.
The PAT testing business startup course not only teaches you the skill of pat testing, but it also gives you information on how to start up your business and how to market yourself. You will get the full access to our technical team, not just during the course, but after the course, should you need it, making the transition into your new career path simple.
The PAT testing business startup course will give you internationally recognized City & Guilds qualifications as well as the practical experience to give you the confidence to get out there and begin testing.
The PAT testing business startup course format is as follows:-
- Principles of Electricity (Ohm’s law, resistance, etc)
- Classification of Appliances (Class 1, Class 2, etc)
- Electrical Dangers (Electric shock, safe isolation, etc)
- Legal Requirements (An overview on all the regulations and laws applicable to PAT Testing)
- IEE Code of Practice (The PAT testers bible)
- Recording Results
- How to use a PAT Tester (Practical demonstration on at least 5 different types of testers available)
- Practical Testing (You will carry out PAT Testing in real life scenario test bays which include a whole host of electrical appliances such as 415 and 110 volt appliances)
- Using PAT Testing Software (After completing your testing you will be shown how to use PAT testing software and how to manage your PAT Testing results. This is a vital part of any PAT Testing business as all clients will require a PAT report for their records and as part of the service.)
- Examination for City & Guilds 2377-22 – Portable Appliance Testing (50 question, Multiple choice open book examination)
- Marketing your Business, Book Keeping and Administration (Invoicing, Terms and conditions, Book keeping, taxation and all the essentials of setting up a business as well as guidance on what to charge)
- Examination for City & Guilds 2377-32 – Management Requirements for the Maintenance of Electrical Equipment (This qualification is aimed at supervisors and managers responsible for the administration of portable appliance testing programs either within a company or as a service provider.)
- Question & Answers session
What’s included with the Platinum Package?
All of the above plus:
- TIS SafetyPats Plus Tester (Calibrated)
- SimplyPats Software
- 2000 Pass Labels
- 400 Fail Labels
- 2 Off PAT Certificate / Register books
- 110 230v to 110v Adaptor
- IEC to Test Extension Lead
- 415v, 16A 4 Pin Adapter
- 415v, 16A 5 pin adapter
- 415v, 32A 4pin adapter
- 415v, 32A 5pin adapter
- IEC C14 plug to C7 figure of 8 plug
- IEC C14 plug to C5 adaptor
- IEC C13 socket to C6 plug adaptor
- VDE Electricians Screwdriver Set Tool Electrical Fully Insulated
Basically, you get everything your likely to need. The full kit is designed to get you going ASAP, with a quality machine, which is fast and reliable. Maximising your up time..
Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Portable Electrical Equipment ISBN 0-85296-776-4 Please note: “The Code of Practice which is required for the examination will be loaned by ourselves for the duration of the course and examination.”
Who is this PAT testing business startup course designed for?
This PAT testing business startup course is specifically aimed at anyone who would like to start their own PAT testing business, or those with a responsibility to set and control a system in order to maintain portable electrical appliances.
There are no formal pre requisites
Please call us on 01246 802222 for more information on the PAT testing business startup course
Our Tutors are qualified, highly experienced, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and extremely friendly, you can take full advantage of all the tips of the trade, personal experiences and practical advice they offer. This short theory course is intensive, but no compromise is made on the course content. The atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable which creates a good learning environment.
Refreshments supplied throughout the day!
First exam fee included!
Essential Book supplied *throughout* course!