Online PAT Testing Course
Online In-Service Inspection and Testing: Course Overview
Endorsed by City & Guilds for the new 2020 2377 Electrical Equipment Maintenance and testing qualification, the course covers the requirements of the 5th Edition of The Code of Practice for the In‑Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment. The Code of Practice has been extensively updated and includes the requirements for managing and carrying out the in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
As part of the course, learners will have access to three practice examination tests in order to prepare for the City & Guilds In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment 2377. A certificate of completion is issued upon finishing the course which can then be presented to your local assessment centre in order to take the exam.
Content covered in this online course includes:
- Legal requirements
- Equipment scope and the need for maintenance
- Training and competence
- Equipment classifications
- User checks
- Formal Visual inspection
- Test instruments
- Electrical tests
- The frequency on in-service inspection and testing
- Reporting and record keeping
- New and third-party equipment
- Appendix 1 – British Standards
- Appendix 2 – IP and IK Codes
- Appendix 3 – Changes to electrical safety terminology and classification
- Appendix 4 – Model forms
- Appendix 5 – Resistances of flexible cables
- Appendix 6 – User checks and formal visual inspection
- Appendix 7 – Equipment racks and bays
- Appendix 8 – Electrical units and calculations relating to the inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Appendix 9 – Example risk assessments
What you will learn
- Understand the requirements of the Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
- Be aware of the legal requirements for maintenance of electrical equipment
- Understand the scope and requirements of Maintenance
- Be able to identify the classification of equipment
- Be familiar with the requirements of inspection for users and formal visual inspection
City & Guilds 2377-77 Qualification
We also offer the City & Guilds qualification. The City & Guilds qualification is £159 + VAT and comprises of a practical assessment and an online exam.
Once you have successfully completed your course, please email email@example.com with your certificate and we will be in touch with details on how you can gain your qualification with us.
Receive the full course overview by submitting your details below
BOOK YOUR COURSE BELOW
£225.00 + VAT
There are no pre-requisites for candidates undertaking this course and no previous knowledge of the subject is required.
Some understanding of electrical terminology and practices could be an advantage, but the course covers the issues related to the inspection and testing of equipment sufficiently.