This course is aimed at beginners who would like to enter the world of SCADA and PLC. This is a package course that teaches candidates a wide range of skills and knowledge in PLC, communications, and SCADA.
18 March5 days, 09:30 AM - 04:30 PM
08 July5 days, 09:30 AM - 04:30 PM
28 October5 days, 09:30 AM - 04:30 PM
What does this course cover?
This five-day course covers a range of topics, all of which are covered via a mixture of theoretical and practical training – we aim for our courses to be as hands-on as possible. The course specifically covers:
- An introduction to SCADA systems, covering elements, servers, hardware and software, graphics, and more.
- A range of systems including automatic control, FIELDBUS, and wireless communication systems.
- An introduction to serial interfaces, ethernet networks, fibre optic, and wireless.
- Communications, including case studies to establish communication with PLCs.
- Process variables.
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Remote Terminal Units (RTUs), sensors, and alarms.
- Introduction to OPC (open plan communications)
- How to configure OPC UA servers and how to program an OPC UA client
- Client and server development
- Connection management
- Security configuration
- Trends and historical data
- System components
This course covers a wide range of industry-recognised manufacturers, including Siemens, Allen Bradley, Wago and Mitsubishi.)
What will I gain from this course?
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will gain a City & Guilds certification in SCADA and PLC Communications.