The F Gas Regulations course will suit any person who requires the minimum legal requirement to work on air conditioning and refrigeration equipment.
05 September5 days, 09:30 AM - 04:30 PM
26 September5 days, 09:30 AM - 04:30 PM
03 October5 days, 09:30 AM - 04:30 PM
10 October5 days, 09:30 AM - 04:30 PM
07 November5 days, 09:30 AM - 04:30 PM
05 December5 days, 09:30 AM - 04:30 PM
19 December5 days, 09:30 AM - 04:30 PM
The F Gas Regulations course will suit any person who requires the minimum legal requirement to work on air conditioning and refrigeration equipment including air conditioning and refrigeration engineers and technicians, all plant engineers, apprentices, personnel concerned with the recovery, charging or disposal of refrigerants and new comers into the industry.
F Gas Regulations training courses are designed for both experienced air-conditioning and refrigeration engineers and also candidates who are looking to cross train and gain qualifications in the air conditioning / refrigeration sector.
This F Gas Regulations qualification is to meet the legal requirements of EC Regulation 842/2006 (commonly known as the F Gas Regulation). The Certification Schemes are designed for operatives who install, service and repair refrigeration, air-conditioning and heat pump systems, and require the following skills:
- Safe handling of refrigerant techniques
- Pipework and Jointing skills
- Recovery of Refrigerants (restricted to small systems only)
- Intrusive and non-intrusive leak and performance checking
Category 1 covers all aspects of installation, commissioning, servicing, maintenance, recovery and leak checking on all refrigeration, air-conditioning and heat pump systems in accordance with the F-Gas Regulation EC842/2006, regardless of the weight of refrigerant in the system.
Course subjects are:
- Pressure test and discharge to BSEN378
- Charge a blended refrigerant
- Evaluate system performance to ensure competence (using rule of thumb, temperature, refrigerant state and pressure)
- Leak test to EC1516/2007
- Fabricate and fit brazed and mechanical joints
- Uphold F-Gas records and log books.
- Handle refrigerant safely and dispose of rightfully
- Pressure Regulation compliance
All candidates will be able to ensure systems are tight, efficient in their use of energy and meet the F-Gas legal requirement.