If you have passed your 17th Edition since the last amendment then you are eligible to take this short 1 day 18th Edition update course!
06 April1 day, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
This is an upgrade to and will replace, the already existing City & Guilds 17th Edition Wiring Regulations all subsequent amendments.
If you have passed your 17th Edition since the last amendment then you are eligible to take this short 1 day 18th Edition update course! Save time and money by covering the topics you need for the new regulations, without having to go over all that you already know.
If you have not yet done the 17th Edition then you will need to take our 3 day 18th Edition course.
Changes for 18th Edition are as follows:
- Protection against overvoltages – Clause 443 is likely to be overhauled.
- Protection against fire – Chapter 42 will be updated with extra information on arc fault detection
- Electrical Embedded heating – Section 753 will be extended to include embedded electrical heating systems for surface heating, and will include de-icing and frost prevention systems.
- Energy efficiency – There will be a brand new section covering energy efficiency
Please be aware that the Wiring Regulations course is not designed to teach you every regulation in the book but it will teach you the best practices on how to reference the latest regulations as you would on the job. As such key topics currently covered on the 17th Edition will still be included.
We have been delivering Wiring Regulations courses for many years and although it is mainly theory based you cannot beat real training in a real classroom. By training with other people in your class you will benefit from being able to ask relevant questions as well as finding the answers to many questions from your fellow students that you may not have even thought of.
City & Guilds
The City & Guilds 2382-22 course will replace the current C&G 2382-15 certificate.
This upgrade course will outline the change in the regulations and candidates must complete an online, multiple choice exam.
You will study the latest standard of the IEE wiring regulations, including essential subjects such as safety, selection and erection of electrical equipment.
There are 8 key modules and current amendments:
Section 1 – Scope, Object and Fundamentals
Section 2 – Definitions
Section 3 – Assessment of general characteristics
Section 4 – Protection for Safety
Section 5 – Selection and Erection of equipment
Section 6 – Inspection & Testing
Section 7 – Special Installations or locations
Section 8 – Functional Requirements
This course does include the latest amendments such as:
- Electromagnetic Disturbance
- Surge Protection
- Medical locations
- Operating and Maintenance Gangways
- Arc Fault Detection Devices (AFDDs)
- Changes to fire safety requirements in chapter 422, covering the design of electrical installations in industrial, commercial and multiple-occupancy homes, as well as new information for ‘protected escape routes’
- Protection against over voltages
- Changes across Part 7: Special Locations
This classroom based course will show, teach and perfect you on how to reference and use the book for situations that you will encounter while working in the field.
17th Edition Wiring Regulations Qualification
IET Wiring Regulations (BS7671:2018+A2:2022).