SCADA – HMI & Communications
Who is this Scada HMI course aimed at?
This Scada course is aimed at beginners who would like to enter the world of SCADA and Human Machine Interference (HMI.) This is a package course that teaches candidates a wide range of skills and knowledge in SCADA, HMI, and Communication.
What does this course cover?
This five-day course covers a range of topics, all of which are covered via a mixture of theoretical and practical training – we aim for our courses to be as hands-on as possible. The course specifically covers:
- An introduction to SCADA systems, including elements, servers, hardware and software, tags, plus more.
- A range of systems including automatic control, FIELDBUS, and wireless communication systems.
- An introduction to serial interferences, ethernet networks, fibre optics, and wireless.
- Process variables
- Communications include case studies to establish communication with HMI (Siemens, Allen Bradley, and Pro-face) .
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Remote Terminal Units (RTUs), sensors and alarms.
- Introduction to OPC, covering how to configure OPC UA servers and how to program an OPC UA client.
- Client and servers development
- Connection management
- Security configuration
- Trends and historical data
- System components
What will I gain from this SCADA HMI course?
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will gain a City & Guilds accredited certificate in Scada, HMI and communications.
Receive the full course overview by submitting your details below
Essential Book supplied *throughout* course!
First exam fee included!
Our Tutors are qualified, highly experienced, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and extremely friendly, you can take full advantage of all the tips of the trade, personal experiences and practical advice they offer. This short theory course is intensive, but no compromise is made on the course content. The atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable which creates a good learning environment.