The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors. Different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. To find out more about how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external companies such as Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
User Consent Policy
Cookies We Collect For Advertising
Users may also opt-out of certain advertising features through applicable device settings, such as the device advertising settings for mobile phones or ads settings in general.
DIRECT EMAIL MARKETING (DEM) (THIS WEBSITE)
This Website uses the User Data to propose services and products provided by third parties or unrelated to the product or service provided by this Website.
Personal Data collected: email address; first name.
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyse web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behaviour.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS (GOOGLE INC.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilises the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
GOOGLE ADS & REMARKETING
Some information is collected every time you visit the website
We share data with Google for advertising & remarketing by way of using a cookie (which is a small text file that allows a user to be identified) and then used to serve ads to them across a range of other websites or apps based on the visitor’s history. These will also allow us to deliver personalised ads based on your behaviour and interests shown on the website.
Personal data collected: cookies; usage data.
FACEBOOK ADS CONVERSION TRACKING (FACEBOOK PIXEL) (FACEBOOK, INC.)
Facebook Ads conversion tracking (Facebook pixel) is an analytics service provided by Facebook, Inc. that connects data from the Facebook advertising network with actions performed on this Website. The Facebook pixel tracks conversions that can be attributed to ads on Facebook, Instagram and Audience Network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies; Usage Data.
Contact Form/Course Details form on this website
By filling in the contact form with their Data, the User authorises this Website to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
Personal Data collected: email address; first name.
MAILING LIST OR NEWSLETTER (THIS WEBSITE)
By registering on the mailing list or for the newsletter, the User’s email address will be added to the contact list of those who may receive email messages containing information of commercial or promotional nature concerning this Website. Your email address might also be added to this list as a result of signing up to this Website or after making a purchase.
Personal Data collected: email address; first name.
FACEBOOK COMMENTS (FACEBOOK, INC.)
Facebook Comments is a content commenting service provided by Facebook, Inc. enabling the User to leave comments and share them on the Facebook platform.
Personal Data collected: Cookies; Usage Data.
Legal Basis of Processing
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. Therefore, Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies/people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
1. Your data protection rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing email@example.com.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
2. Information we collect
Information You Provide
- Account Registration / Booking Form. When you book a course, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number. If you choose to refer a friend to our Services, we may also collect your friend’s email address so that we may send them a referral or promotional code.
- Payment Information. When you add your financial account information to your Account, that information is directed to our third-party payment processor. We do not store your financial account information on our systems; however, we have access to, and may retain, subscriber information through our third-party payment processor.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide. We may also receive a confirmation when you open an email from us.
- The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. In addition, when you use our Services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, landing page, and referring URL. To collect this information, a cookie may be set on your computer or device when you visit our Services. Cookies contain a small amount of information that allows our web servers to recognize you. We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, and/or clear gifs to record your preferences. We may also automatically collect information about your use of features of our Services, about the functionality of our Services, frequency of visits, and other information related to your interactions with the Services. We may track your use across different websites and services. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the information referenced above in this paragraph may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
- Usage of our Services. When you use our Services, we may collect information about your engagement with and utilization of our Services, such as processor and memory usage, storage capacity, navigation of our Services, and system-level metrics. We use this data to operate the Services, maintain and improve the performance and utilization of the Services, develop new features, protect the security and safety of our Services and our customers, and provide customer support. We also use this data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business.
How do we use your data?
We use your data to provide our services to you, to communicate with you about your account and our services, to improve our services, deliver personalised messages and to comply with legal obligations.
3. How we share information
We may share your data with third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as payment processing, advertising, and email delivery. We require these third-party service providers to protect your personal data and not use it for any other purpose.
We may share the information we collect in various ways, including the following:
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share information with third-party vendors and service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as helping to provide our Services, for promotional and/or marketing purposes, and to provide you with information relevant to you such as product announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information.
- Aggregate Information. Where legally permissible, we may use and share information about users with our partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you.
- Information We Share When You Sign Up Through a Referral. If you sign up for our Services through a referral from a friend, we may share information with your referrer to let them know that you used their referral to sign up for our Services.
- Business Transfers. Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to any potential acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
Technique Learning Solutions
Technique Tower Business Park
Tel: +44 (0)1246 802222
|ckid||never||Adara yield sets this cookie to deliver advertisements tailored to user interests on other websites and track transactions|
|CONSENT||2 years||YouTube sets this cookie via embedded YouTube videos and registers anonymous statistical data.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||1 year||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie records the user consent for the cookies in the "Advertisement" category.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||1 year||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie records the user consent for the cookies in the "Analytics" category.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||1 year||The GDPR Cookie Consent plugin sets the cookie to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||1 year||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie records the user consent for the cookies in the "Necessary" category.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||1 year||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie stores user consent for cookies in the category "Others".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||1 year||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie stores the user consent for cookies in the category "Performance".|
|CookieLawInfoConsent||1 year||CookieYes sets this cookie to record the default button state of the corresponding category and the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie.|
|fr||3 months||Facebook sets this cookie to show relevant advertisements by tracking user behaviour across the web, on sites with Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.|
|IDE||1 year 24 days||Google DoubleClick IDE cookies store information about how the user uses the website to present them with relevant ads according to the user profile.|
|muc_ads||1 year 1 month 4 days||Twitter sets this cookie to collect user behaviour and interaction data to optimize the website.|
|NID||6 months||Google sets the cookie for advertising purposes; to limit the number of times the user sees an ad, to unwanted mute ads, and to measure the effectiveness of ads.|
|personalization_id||1 year 1 month 4 days||Twitter sets this cookie to integrate and share features for social media and also store information about how the user uses the website, for tracking and targeting.|
|test_cookie||15 minutes||doubleclick.net sets this cookie to determine if the user's browser supports cookies.|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||5 months 27 days||YouTube sets this cookie to measure bandwidth, determining whether the user gets the new or old player interface.|
|YSC||session||Youtube sets this cookie to track the views of embedded videos on Youtube pages.|
|yt-remote-connected-devices||never||YouTube sets this cookie to store the user's video preferences using embedded YouTube videos.|
|yt-remote-device-id||never||YouTube sets this cookie to store the user's video preferences using embedded YouTube videos.|
|yt.innertube::nextId||never||YouTube sets this cookie to register a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen.|
|yt.innertube::requests||never||YouTube sets this cookie to register a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen.|
|_dc_gtm_UA-42133092-1||1 minute||Description is currently not available.|
|_fbp||3 months||Facebook sets this cookie to display advertisements when either on Facebook or on a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising after visiting the website.|
|_ga||1 year 1 month 4 days||Google Analytics sets this cookie to calculate visitor, session and campaign data and track site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognise unique visitors.|
|_gat_gtag_UA_*||1 minute||Google Analytics sets this cookie to store a unique user ID.|
|_gat_UA-*||1 minute||Google Analytics sets this cookie for user behaviour tracking.n|
|_ga_*||1 year 1 month 4 days||Google Analytics sets this cookie to store and count page views.|
|_gcl_au||3 months||Google Tag Manager sets the cookie to experiment advertisement efficiency of websites using their services.|
|_gid||1 day||Google Analytics sets this cookie to store information on how visitors use a website while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Some of the collected data includes the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.|
|_GRECAPTCHA||5 months 27 days||Google Recaptcha service sets this cookie to identify bots to protect the website against malicious spam attacks.|
|_hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress||30 minutes||Hotjar sets this cookie to detect a user's first pageview session, which is a True/False flag set by the cookie.|
|_hjFirstSeen||30 minutes||Hotjar sets this cookie to identify a new user’s first session. It stores the true/false value, indicating whether it was the first time Hotjar saw this user.|
|_hjIncludedInSessionSample_381488||2 minutes||Description is currently not available.|
|_hjSessionUser_381488||1 year||Description is currently not available.|
|_hjSession_381488||30 minutes||Description is currently not available.|
|__cf_bm||30 minutes||Cloudflare set the cookie to support Cloudflare Bot Management.|