Industrial Electrical Maintenance Part 1 – Module 4
Industrial Electrical Maintenance Part 1: Course Description
Day 1 of the Industrial Electrical Maintenance Part 1 consists of:
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989, requirements and implementation
- Working safely, including the importance of isolation procedures and lock out systems
- Switches and Push Buttons, an explanation of the various types of switches and push buttons, the terminology and electrical symbols which are used in industry today, along with practical testing of functionality
- Relays and Contactors, principles of operation, purpose and uses
- Circuit design using BS electrical symbols and ladder diagrams, simple retaining circuits
- Construction of the above circuit, demonstrating the techniques of cable termination.
Day 2 of the Industrial Electrical Maintenance Part 1 consists of:
- 3 phase induction motors, synchronous and asynchronous
- Description of the component parts of a 3 phase induction motor
- Demonstration of how a 3 phase rotating magnetic field is produced and how to reverse it
- Explanation of synchronous and asynchronous speed and slip
- Effect of the number of poles on motor speed
- Frame sizes
- Practical identification of various motors.
Day 3 of the Industrial Electrical Maintenance Part 1 consists of:
- Principles of 3 phase induction motor control systems
- Overload protection principles of operation and use
- Design and operation of a DOL (direct on line) starter
- Construction of a DOL starter
- Inspection and testing procedure for the above starter
- Motor testing procedures.
Day 4 of the Industrial Electrical Maintenance Part 1 consists of:
- DOL starter modifications
- Importance of updating documentation
- Design, construction and verification of reversing starter control and power circuits.
Day 5 of the Industrial Electrical Maintenance Part 1 consists of:
- Star delta starters, principles of operation and uses
- Design, construction and verification of star delta starter control and power circuits.
Essential Book supplied *throughout* course!
First exam fee included!
Our Tutors are qualified, highly experienced, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and extremely friendly, you can take full advantage of all the tips of the trade, personal experiences and practical advice they offer. This short theory course is intensive, but no compromise is made on the course content. The atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable which creates a good learning environment.
BOOK YOUR COURSE BELOW
£625.00 + VAT (£750.00 inc VAT & all fees)
Understanding Of Basic Electrical Principles (MOD1)