Industrial Electrical Maintenance Part 2 – Module 5
Industrial Electrical Maintenance Part 2 – Module 5: Course Description
- Solenoids and actuators, principles of operation and maintenance
- State precautions that may be necessary when removing cores from energised AC solenoids
- Transformers, sizing, applications and uses
- Heaters, applications, uses and safety precautions to be observed
- Temperature controllers, various types, principles of operation and uses
- Thermal sensors, various types, principles of operation and uses.
- Proximity devices, limit switches and proximity switches, various types, principles of operation and uses
- Practical workshop, gaining an understanding of typical connections of various proximity devices and the range
- of available supplies catered for, voltage levels and current type
- Development of a typical simple control system using push buttons, proximity devices, relays and indicator
- Protection against overcurrent
- Protective devices, various types, suitability and uses
- Earthing, including principles of protection against indirect shock
- Undervoltage protection.
- Cable and core termination techniques, including crimping and soldering
- Practical workshop terminating YY, SY, SWA and MICC cable
- Testing, basic principles of circuit protective conductor testing and insulation resistance testing, instruments
- used and expected values
- Practical workshop testing cables terminated previously and testing cables with faults on test rig.
- Fault finding, safety precautions and principles
- Practical workshop on fault rigs
- Root cause analysis
- PPM and maximising uptime
Receive the full course overview by submitting your details below
Essential Book supplied *throughout* course!
First exam fee included!
Our Tutors are qualified, highly experienced, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and extremely friendly, you can take full advantage of all the tips of the trade, personal experiences and practical advice they offer. This short theory course is intensive, but no compromise is made on the course content. The atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable which creates a good learning environment.
BOOK YOUR COURSE BELOW
£625.00 + VAT (£750.00 inc VAT & all fees)
Understanding of Basic Electrical Principles (MOD-01 and IND-04)
02Jan 20244 days, 08:30 AM - 04:30 PM