Lightning Protection Course
Who is this Lightning Protection course aimed at?
This course is ideal for companies who would like to gain knowledge within lightning protection for insurance and health and safety purposes.
Being trained in this area can help you avoid the expensive and possibly catastrophic consequences of a lightning strike.
What does this Lightning Protection course cover?
This course is designed to share knowledge and expertise with candidates regarding lightning risk assessment, protection, and earthing systems. Once this course is completed, candidates will be able to meet the requirements of BS EN 62305. The course specifically covers:
- Earthing arrangements & earthing and bonding
- Withdrawal of the old standards (BS 6651)
- Overview of BS EN 62305-1:2011 protection against lightning
- BS EN 62305-2:2011 Risk Assessment Awareness
- Early streamer emission device to NF C 17-102
- BS EN 62305-3:2011 – Physical damage to structures and life covering air termination, down conductors, and earth termination systems.
- Understanding the rolling sphere method, protective angle method and mesh method of protection
- The separation distance between the lightning protection system and structural metal parts of an installation and internal systems.
- Inspection and testing theory of the internal lightning protection system and the earth termination system using the fall of potential method and dead known earth test
- Introduction of BS EN 62305-4:2011 into BS 7671:2018
- Lightning damage statistics
- Lightning / surge protection zone concepts
- Understanding the terminology used for Type 1, 2, 3 regarding 10/350 and 8/20
- Single entry point concept
- Choosing the correct arrester for incoming mains, sub-distribution, and final sub-circuit.
Receive the full course overview by submitting your details below
Essential Book supplied *throughout* course!
First exam fee included!
Our Tutors are qualified, highly experienced, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and extremely friendly, you can take full advantage of all the tips of the trade, personal experiences and practical advice they offer. This short theory course is intensive, but no compromise is made on the course content. The atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable which creates a good learning environment.
BOOK YOUR COURSE BELOW
What qualifications are gained?
Request a call back
We can come out to you and train on-site for this course, or it can be based in one of our classrooms at one of our UK training centres.