City & Guilds 2391-52 Online Training Course
Online City & Guilds – 2391-52 Training Course: Virtual Classroom
Virtual Classroom – Our hi tec virtual learning suite enables you as the trainee to experience exactly the same course and level of interaction with a trainer as though you were in the same room as them. This isn’t a slideshow-based course, it’s a real tutor, in a real room taking you through all you need to know to be successful in your City and Guilds 2391 – 52.
Utilising equipment and software, the theoretical part of the course will be taught over 3 days via the internet. During this time, you will be taught the theory-based elements below, also allowing ample time for questions face to face with the tutor. The instructor will go through everything that you will be expected to know about Inspection and Testing on both new and existing installations. You will be given access to our dedicated online portal to work through sample questions in your own time until the information becomes second nature to you. Your only hardware prerequisite for this part of the course is access to the internet, whether it be on a computer or a smart device.
The second stage of the course will involve you attending one of our numerous training centres around the UK, for both the practical training and the examinations over a 2.5 day period. This will be booked for a later date and one of our team will be in touch with you to arrange this. During your time at one of our centres you will be taught the inspection and testing practical elements you require on individual training rigs, with equipment and testers for each and every individual person. (Our centres are ALL Covid secure and the training bays, etc are all socially distanced).
This City & Guilds qualification is aimed at practicing electricians who have not carried out inspection and testing since qualifying or who require some update of training. This qualification helps you to develop the knowledge and practical skills required to professionally install and carry out initial verification and periodic inspection and testing on electrical installations. It is expected that suitable candidates have a basic knowledge and understanding of electrical science and principles and experience of electrical installation work. This is an essential skill for any electrical installer.
What You’ll Learn
This is the 3 day virtual classroom theory based course to prepare you for both the online and written exam and areas to be covered are:
- Safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Requirements for initial verification of electrical installations
- Requirements for completing the inspection of electrical installations prior to their being placed into service
- Requirements for the safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- Requirements for testing before circuits are energised
- Requirements for testing energised installations
- Requirements for the completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- Safety of systems and equipment prior to completion of inspection and testing & commissioning
- Inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Commissioning electrotechnical systems and equipment
- Requirements for inspecting, testing and recording the condition of electrical installations
- Requirements for completing the periodic inspection of electrical installations
- The differences between periodic inspections and initial verifications
- Requirements for the safe testing of electrical installations which have been placed in service
- Understand and interpret test results
- Requirements for the completion of electrical installation condition reports and associated documentation
- How to confirm safety of system and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- How to carry out inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- How to test electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- How to produce a condition report with recording observations and classifications
C&G 2391-52 combined course is suited to those of you with current practical experience of inspection and testing of low voltage electrical installations and who require to become certified. The course will cover all of the aspects listed above.
How You’ll be assessed during the 2.5 days at our centre
Candidates will have to undertake a written assignment (80 minutes) comprising of 4 short-answer questions, again this is an open book assignment and permitted materials are:
- BS 7671
- IET On-site Guide
- IET Guidance Note 3
In addition, candidates will; also need to successfully complete a 2.5 hour practical assignment; comprising of a full Initial verification and a Periodic inspection (combined within the same assessment) of a three-phase electrical installation, including completion of all appropriate documentation.
First exam fee included!
BOOK YOUR COURSE BELOW
£845.00 + VAT
City & Guilds – 2391-52
This course requires a thorough understanding of the requirements of BS7671 Wiring Regulations. It is expected students will hold a recent and relevant certificate in the wiring regulations and have some previous experience of inspection and testing techniques. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your suitability for this course a member of our staff will be happy to discuss these with you.
We strongly recommend that you achieve City and Guilds 2382 before embarking on this course, though this is NOT a formal entry requirement.
Candidates will be expected to supply during the virtual classroom course :
- Own copy of IET Guidance Note 3 (Inspection and Testing)
- Own copy of IET 18th Edition On-Site Guide
What is Obtained/Achieved?
- City & Guilds – 2391-52
There are currently no dates available but if you would like to be notified when the next date becomes available please complete the priority list form below.
Please contact the office on 0800 112 3310 for available dates