City & Guilds 2921-31 Level 3 Award In Design and installation of domestic and small commercial electric vehicle charging installations
04 December2 days, 09:30 AM - 04:30 PM
05 February2 days, 09:30 AM - 04:30 PM
04 April2 days, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
23 May2 days, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
28 May2 days, 09:30 AM - 04:30 PM
22 July2 days, 09:30 AM - 04:30 PM
05 September2 days, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
24 October2 days, 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
11 November2 days, 09:30 AM - 04:30 PM
This EV charging course is intended to provide expert guidance to learners wishing to gain knowledge and understanding on Electric Vehicle charging equipment installation.
This 2 day course provides expert guidance on EV charging equipment installation, an important emerging area which is not covered in detail by the current edition of the Wiring Regulations (BS 7671) or the IET’s Guidance Notes.
Aimed at experienced electricians interested in understanding a wide range of equipment and systems available, this course applies to the specialised installation requirements of electric vehicle charging equipment in domestic dwellings, on-street locations, commercial and industrial premises.
This training course provides detailed guidance and recommendations on all aspects of the installation of Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment from the origin of the electrical supply, through distribution and final circuits, installation of the charging equipment itself to the cable between the charging equipment and vehicle’s electrical inlet. Also included are related issues of site layout and planning and subsequent inspection, testing, certification and maintenance of installations.
- How EV charging works
- How to select the correct EV Charging Point Solution for the customers needs.
- Technical requirements of installing & the use of different earthing arrangements (TN-C-S/TT systems)
- Planning requirements, labelling & risk assessments
- How to carry out surveys & Pre Installation considerations
- Meeting the requirements of BS7671
- Awareness of the IET code of practice for Electrical Vehicle Charging Equipment & Installation.
Plus much more
Why take this EV charging course?
Currently there is an increasing demand for new electric vehicle charging points but too few installers to roll them out. This is already a booming market which is due to get much bigger in the near future. The number of public charging connectors and locations has increased by 38% in the past 12 months and is expected to continue at that rate for years to come.
Add this important service to future proof your knowledge to allow extra inspection & testing plus new installation work with this electric vehicle charging course.
We have a variety of charging units and simulated installs which means it is just as working on a real installation. Making this installers course real value for money.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however we do expect you to meet the following requirements:
- Minimum age 18 years old (mandatory)
Must be able to demonstrate the following competencies
- Be able to correctly install and terminate:
- pvc/pvc cable (twin and earth)
- Steel Wire armoured cable (swa)
- Be able to carry out an initial verification (inspection & testing) on an electrical installation and complete the necessary paperwork.
Please Note: These competencies are required for the assessment and are not taught as part of the course. It is also recommended that you are up to date with your wiring regulations.